We just moved CF 7.0.2 Hot Fix 1 into our dev environment today and quickly found a problem…
It seems that a developer who no longer works with us liked to use named parameters like this:
cfprocparam cfsqltype=”cf_sql_integer” type=”in” dbvarname=”intLinkLocation_ID” value=”#Form.linkLocation#”
The only problem was that the MS SQL 2000 server used @intLinkLocation_ID for the parameter. CF seemed to forget this fact since the items were in the correct sequence. After the hot fix it throws a cryptic error on the stored procedure.
Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ‘=’.
The fix is easy, just add the @. Unfortunately, we found over 1000 instances where the @ is missing. Even if we add them all we now have the fun of testing all the apps to make sure we get the names right.
So watch out!!!